Monday, December 24, 2007

Amy Winehouse-ing


image and some text lifted from http://www.funlol.com/funpages/internet-addiction-disorder.html


Amy Winehouse made the song REHAB so popular... I guess that's what I need now! I'm addicted to blog hopping, blog writing, and facebook. Here's what the funlol.com page says and my comments are in parentheses...

1) I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper like I used to, before the Internet. (i used to have coffee and read the morning papers before I hit the internet... now, it' right beside my bed. I practically eat and sleep with my computer.... not that i don't have a social life)

2) I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing. (OMG! I've done this a few times! I will make a conscious effort never to do this again)

3) I will get dressed before noon. (i used to be up and out of the house before lunch. Now, I don't even shower until after lunch. That's why I avoid morning appointments)

4) I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Internet. (my room is a mess. it's even worse of a mess now that I have 24-hour broadband! I promise to clean it before the new year's!)

5) I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Internet-deprived. (as my former officemate called me "an apathetic atenean", I will rest on those laurels on this one)

6) I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the Internet. (at least i still do this!)

7) I will read a book...if I still remember how. (oh, that's one thing the internet cannot take away from me... my love for books)

8) I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear the music on the Internet. (heehee... i'd love to tell those noisy neighbors to tape their kids to the walls so they'd quiet down and not keep running down my street)

9) I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email. (hmmm... come to think of it... i haven't been watching TV as much as I used to)

10) I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not. (oh, I loooove getting out of the house)

11) I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy on the Internet. (i think i've done this once or twice. help!!!)

12) Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime...and the Internet will always be there tomorrow! (ugh!!! i should stop playing those mindless games that make the hours go by so fast!!!)

I guess I do need rehab from the net... I'll work on it tomorrow... I'll work on my social life tonight :)

No comments: