Tuesday, December 11, 2007

it hurts

you hurt me
you left a mark
you do your thing
when the light is dark?

you left me
you never really stay
when i already notice you
you turn and go away

... in case anyone gets the wrong idea... this is about the mosquito that keeps biting me.

for some strange reason, i'm the only one in the family who gets bitten by all mosquitos. in a group of people, i'll be the first to suffer from their blood-sucking frenzy.

earlier today, I was comfortably seated in the living room when i got bitten by mosquitos. I saw the damned insect fat with my blood, but it strangely flew beyond my reach. My dad bought an electric insect zapper shaped like a pelota racket and I stood up to get it. By the time I had the racket in my hand, the curious insect had hidden in some unknown place. I left my work station in the living room to have dinner. The moment i let go of the zapper, the damned mosquito shows up and bites me again.

makes me think... do mosquitos have brains?

No comments: