Friday, December 14, 2007

I am contented with my long legged...


photo from http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigshock/

This line is a classic quote from Melanie Marquez when she competed for 1979 Miss International: "No, of course no, because I am proud and contented with my long-legged." (Whew! Had to do a bit of research to get my facts straight).

It's funny how this line has been crossing my head for the past two weeks, but there really is a logical explanation for this. -- Our family dog is more than 15 years old. His old age has resulted in very poor eyesight and very weak legs (poor thing), and he has had more than 3 nasty tumbles down the stairs. Now, the only way for him not to climb upstairs is to block the stairwell with our sofas.

With these sofas in place, people have to exert a certain amount of effort to go upstairs. The sofa seats have to be moved to and fro.. and with the coasters not working properly, it does take a bit of pushing and pulling.

Now for the story.

Being the tallest member of the family (not so tall as I'm only 5'8"), I'm the one with the longest legs. I also have the tendency to be a tad lazy when getting around things. Owing to my laziness, I always hike over the sofa to get to the other side. Of course, at times, i'd be straddling the backrest of the sofa as if I were riding a horse. I think I'm the only one here at home and I've become thankful for having the longest legs in the family.

As soon as that thought popped in my head, Melanie Marquez' classic quote came to mind and I've been thinking it every time I hike over the sofa seat to get to the stairs.

Honestly, there's no point to this blog. I just thought that it was a strange thought in my head and that I am attributing this blogpost to utter boredom due to procrastination.

No comments: